Every church is local, with its own unique traits.
Here are some of our distinctives:
- We’re a hospitable community.
Or “genuinely welcoming,” as one visitor-turned-member put it.
- We’re a people of faith.
We love Jesus and are trying to figure out, together, how to follow him in our rapid-paced and complex world.
- We’re a thinking people.
We wrestle with how faith intersects with daily life. We value sermons and opportunities to learn and explore our questions.
- We’re a compassionate people.
We care for our neighbourhood and work for the well-being of our community.
- We’re a worshipping people.
It’s simple, heartfelt worship offered by the people, for the glory of God.
- We’re a priesthood-of-all-believers-people.
Yes, our pastor has a special job to do. But everyone is encouraged to serve as God has gifted them.
- We’re a community church, not a mega church. So, think community hockey, not the NHL at the ACC.
At Christ Church we believe in God the Father,
- Creator of heaven and earth.
We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ.
- who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
- he was born of the Virgin Mary
- he suffered under Pontius Pilate
- he was crucified, died, and was buried
- he descended to the dead
- on the third day he rose again
- he ascended into heaven
- he is seated at the right hand of the Father
- Jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in God the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
These key beliefs are based on the historic statement of Christian faith called The Apostles’ Creed.